tiistai 30. syyskuuta 2014

Retiro

Okay. If you're wondering what exactly is "retiro" I shall explain. My host-sister explained that the term isn't official so don't try googling it, but in this case it means a religious (catolic) camp i went to with my classmates for a weekend. It was a lot of fun, and surprisingly it wasn't very different compared to the confirmacion camps (or weekend-camps after confirmating) we have in Finland. I got to know my classmates better, didn't sleep much, got to act as one of my school mates as he acted as me (unfortunately I haven't got any photos, taking pictures was forbidded, but it was priceless.), laughed a lot and took lots of photos.

I also learned that chileans are very... affectionate. I don't know how to word that better but they hug a lot and it's also very normal to for example stroke or pet someones hair, arm, leg or whatever. It doesn't matter if you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend (or as the chileans would say, polola or pololo) you equally can be close to other girls or boys, apparently not making your significant other jealous. I guess either finns are really jealous or just really afraid of physical contact. Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a very... affectionate person too. I like to hug and be close to people and it's normal with my friends in Finland too to just lie on eachothers lap too without it being weird, and I don't mind this here either, but here they just are ALL very comfortable sharing their own personal space with others. Cultural differences! Thats why I'm here, learning about stuff like this,and so far so good, I love the culture. Just beware finnish people, I'll be even more loving and toutchy than before when I come back!
retiro bus photo retiro1_zps0a60f386.jpg
The first 5 million photos are from the 2 hour bus ride on the Friday-night that we all left for the Retiro. They're all really bad quality and taken with flash which makes everyone look horrible. I also made an observasion that all the people with ojos caffe (brown eyes) look way better in the photos taken with flash than the few ones like me who have ojos claro (clear eyes like blue or green). So unfair!
comidaa photo retiro3_zpsdc52bdb4.jpg
More bad quality photos! The people here really love the camera as you probably can tell... These photos are from when we just arrived at the place the Retiro was kept.
chicas lindas photo retiro2_zps07dd3437.jpg
Better quality photos! We went out the next day to take photos with the girls and they're all so beautiful with gorgeous hair I cannot take it my poor self-esteem... From left to right on the top are Monse (Monserrat) taking a photo, myself and Cami (Camila). On the row below are Feña (Fernanda), Vale (Valeria) and Cata (Catalina) and me in the last picture.
comunidades photo retiro4_zpscf7a80a7.jpg
Mi Comunidad, ComuniBarneyyyy <3 Everyone in the school (keep in mind that it's a catolic school) who wants to confirmate is divided into these groups, comunities. We meet almost every friday after school (I'll take my camera some time) and just hang out for couple of hours and it's super fun! Usually there's some type of topic we're discussing that day and we also pray. Everyone holds hands and the leaders (students from university) talk and everyone has a freedom to speak up and pray or thank for something which I think is nice.. Some people have actually really opened up and spoken of really important things in their life. My first time in the community (when they made me jump up and down in the middle with only one foot and say things about myself in spanish, and this was when I couldn't speak almost anything yet) one girl in my community actually prayed FOR ME. That was actually incredible, I didn't know her at that point almost at all but she's such a nice person and gesture that it almost made me cry. If you read this some day, tell me. I just had to write it, such an amazing thing to do to someone who was practically a stranger at the time , te quiero <3
retiro en el auto photo retiro6_zps2c0192d2.jpg
Crazy girls in the car! We were supposed to return back to the school with the bus just like the journey to the retiro too, but we didn't fit to the bus... So we had to go back with the car of one of the volunteers. From Left to right Cami, Feña, me and Cata.
 photo retiro9_zpsd044baa4.jpg
At the school yard waiting for either the church to start, or getting picked up by your parents. In the first photo you can see the tall guy in the middle, his name is Nico and he is in the U (university) and one of the leaders in my community. The girl with the red scarf who is in all of the pictures is Cata haha :D
chicaas photo retiro7_zpsc5bbc5c9.jpg
Monse, Cata, me and Feña <3
chicaaas 2 photo retiro8_zpsa25912dc.jpg

Latin Musicaaa:

Arenalina - Wisin ft. Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PruwAer9zD0


Voy A Beber - Nicky Jam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMdsVS5yeoY


Darte Un Beso - Prince Royce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr03_tItXno

Besitos,

Maaru

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti