tiistai 26. elokuuta 2014

The Day My Host-Family Picked Me Up

A.K.A. my first day in Chile, the days when I was closed up in a AFS camp don't count.


It was a really surreal feeling to see my host-family walk down the street after imagining the moment for about half a year... I recognized them immediatly and started running out of the building half screaming and hugged and kissed all af them on the cheek, as the Chilean way is. I was so excited and hyper at the time, that as my host-father told me "Bienvenidos! (=welcome!)", I replayed repeating "Bienvenidos! Oh no, wait I mean... Encantada! (=Nice to meet you!)". Great start Maaru! Welcoming someone to their own country.





Soon we took off and drove to Las Pircas, Peñalolen, where I will live for the next 11 months. We carried my luggage upstairs to the room that I will be sharing with my 17-year-old host-sister, Eliana and had some coffee. Afterwards I went for a walk with Eliana, my 21-year-old host-sister Elisa and the family dog Princesa. I took my camera along so here are a few photos from there, I hope you enjoy!





Oh and I was told that that day was a "horrible day" so the sky isn't the clearest but in my opinion the view was still amazing and exotic! (Sorry for everyone frm Finland who would like to read in finnish, sori tänään oli kiire joten oli helpointa kirjoittaa vain suoraan englanniksi!)



 photo homestreets_zps9eeda889.jpg


dia de los ninos photo diadelosninos_zps0ed8341a.jpg


 photo elisayprincesa_zpsf658b428.jpg



floras photo pinkfloraas_zps87f5eba0.jpg


princesa photo princesa_zps466b0b89.jpg


streets photo streeeets_zps3a8d4d75.jpg


palmeras photo palmeraaas_zpse26925b6.jpg



la sol photo lasol_zps85919a07.jpg



cordijera photo bghvfdsaj_zpsa277b7cc.jpg


Blogger didn't like me today... But I have to do something else now so


Besitos,


Maaru


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti